Did you know roughly 93% of consumers search for local business on the internet? With 34% searching daily. Google’s reach may extend globally, but the majority of us are just trying to find something local. This means you have a real opportunity to grow your small business if you find a quick and reliable way to connect with the best leads.
How can this be achieved?
By creating a Google Local Services Ad. These ads can be an indispensable tool in helping you build your brand and connect with local customers.
What are Google Local Service Ads?
Google Local Services is a pay-per-lead advertising platform designed for local service companies like plumbers and electricians. Local Service ads get priority placement on page one of search results – so when local customers search for a business like yours, you’ll be placed right at the top.
Keywords relevant to Local Service ad categories trigger these ads to appear above traditional paid search ads. The main ad format allows businesses to feature their company name, city, phone number, hours, ratings, and reviews.
Businesses that benefit the most from this ad format are able to maintain strong brand awareness and a high review rating in their local markets. There are set policies that businesses must meet in order to qualify for Google Local Services – some include:
- Local Laws & Regulations: Your business must comply with all relevant laws and regulations in the jurisdictions in which you provide services. This includes licensing, insurance, privacy, and other regulatory requirements.
- Customer Service: In order to stay in good standing with Google, it’s important that you practice exceptional customer service. This primarily means being responsive – every phone call, message, and booked service must be responded to in a timely manner. Good customer communication will help you gain high ratings and reviews.
Another key component to customer service is pricing – the pricing information you provide customers must be accurate and not misleading. Google doesn’t allow low estimates to be given to trick customers into booking services. Be honest and fair, always.
- Authenticity: You should provide an accurate representation of your business on Google. Avoid putting out any misleading information related to your business’s qualifications, licenses, service areas, prices, etc.
You can check out the rest of Google’s Local Services policies here. In order to qualify for this ad format, businesses must be prescreened and insured. This way, Google can guarantee the authenticity of your business.
Google Local Service Industries
Google supports Local Service Ads for a wide range of service industries, including:
- Auto Service Technician
- Carpet Cleaner
- Event Planner
- Home Improvement
- House Cleaner
- Junk Removal Provider
- Lawn Care Provider
- Moving Company
- Pest Control Technician
- Pet Groomer
- Roadside Assistance Service
- Roofing Company
- Tree Service Provider
- Water Damage Service Provider
- Window Service Provider
A Great Supplement to Your Existing SEO Strategy
Local Service ads can be a highly advantageous tool in your SEO toolbox – especially if you’re looking for a fast-track to positive leads.
Check out these stats:
- 4 in 5 people want to see local ads when searching for products or services online. (NeilPatel)
- 76% of local searches results in a phone call. (Go-Globe)
- 91% of consumers say that positive reviews make them more likely to use a business. (BrightLocal)
Local ads help you find leads who are ready to become paying customers. They’re cost-effective and efficient, and most importantly, all the focus is on local exposure. Take advantage of Google’s Local Service ads and capitalize on being a leader within your industry.
Interested in learning more? As always, don’t hesitate to reach out. We’ll connect you with one of our local consultants who would be happy to answer your questions. And if you like what you read, be sure to share this blog post with your friends and colleagues!