Trend #2 – On-Page SEO
On-page optimization continues to be a highly effective SEO strategy which is why we consider it to still be trending in 2019.
On-page SEO is the practice of optimizing an individual web page with the goal of earning more relevant traffic in search engines. On-page includes optimizing both content and HTML source codes; off-page refers to external signals such as links. On-page optimization is always changing, and it’s important to keep up with the latest strategies.
CEO and founder of WrightIMC, Tony Wright, has stated that on-page optimization continues to be important in 2019. On-page SEO tactics are still providing impressive results for companies working with Mr. Wright.
There are many types of on-page optimization strategies that can be used, but according to Alexis Sanders, a technical SEO manager for Merkle, some of the most important strategies include:
- Content that answers the most commonly asked questions
- Make sure internal searches provide relevant results
- Customer support quickly responding to inquiries related to business
- Consider using chatbots to improve communication and quick response times
- Improving the conversion process
Similar to the list above, Rand Fishkin provides an on-page optimization checklist in his article for Moz which includes:
- Descriptive, keyword-rich titles
- Meta descriptions
- Short URL
- First paragraph of each page optimized for featured snippets
- Be smart about keyword targets
- Leverage rich snippet options
- Optimize your images (keyword-rich filenames)
On-page optimization has been an essential SEO strategy for some time now and continues to be. We’re seeing new trends here and there within the realm of on-page optimization, but don’t see the actual strategy going anywhere anytime soon. In future posts, we’ll delve into different on-page tactics a bit more, to see what works and what doesn’t. For now, know that you want effective on-page SEO strategies in place to improve your page’s ranking.
Continue to stay tuned for future posts about what else is trending in the world of SEO.
Fishkin, R. (2019, April 22). The One-Hour Guide to SEO: Keyword Targeting & On-Page Optimization – Whiteboard Friday. Retrieved from https://moz.com/blog/one-hour-guide-to-seo-keyword-targeting-on-page-optimization
Goodwin, D. (2019, February 28). 10 Important 2019 SEO Trends You Need to Know. Retrieved from https://www.searchenginejournal.com/seo-trends/281053/#close